If you are wondering how to stream with Twitch, the first question you’re going to have is how to make a twitch account. The goal of this article is simply this: to teach you how to get the basics of your channel set up. We will go into more depth on how to optimize and customize your channel in the future, but none of that matters if you don’t have a channel in the first place.
- Navigate to https://www.twitch.tv
- Click Sign Up to get started with the signup process, or link your FB account to avoid filling the form.
- Choose a Username – This doesn’t have to be permanent, as you can go back and change your username in the future. However, you should keep in mind that as you grow your Twitch stream, followers will be looking out for your name on going live notifications or when browsing their followed channels. You’ll also want to create social accounts, and maybe even a discord, so be sure that you pick something unique and personal to you!
- Fill out the rest of the signup form by creating a secure password, enter your date of birth, and the E-mail address you want associated with your account.
- Upload a Profile Picture & Profile banner – When creating your Twitch profile picture and profile banner, try to come up with something that represents you and your “brand”. It can be a logo, a picture, or even a stylized sketch of you. There are plenty of services out there (Fiverr, artists on FB, etc…) where you can have these designed, or you can try your hand at making your own pfp using a program like Photoshop or GIMP.
- Come up with a bio for your channel – This will show up below your stream when visitors navigate to your channel.
- Once you’ve created your account and have your main settings updated, navigate to your channel and add your social links.
- Click on the “Edit Panels” switch below your channel to start adding panels to your stream.
Now that you’ve set up your Twitch account, the next step is to press play and start streaming! Be sure to read over the Twitch TOS, and have fun.
Ready to take your stream to the next level? Get access to premium overlays, your very own Creator Site domain, and full access to 40+ apps to improve your broadcast with Streamlabs Prime.